Color masterbatch, also known as color species, is a new type of special colorant for polymer materials, also known as Pigment Preparation, which is mainly used in plastics. The color masterbatch is composed of three basic elements: pigments or dyes, carriers and additives. It is an aggregate obtained by uniformly loading an extraordinary amount of pigment into the resin. The tinting strength is higher than the pigment itself. The carrier of the special color masterbatch is the same as the plastic of the product, and has good matching. After heating and melting, the pigment particles can be well dispersed in the plastic of the product.
Sea freight booking service
- Controllable lead time
- custom ingredients
- After-sales service
A color masterbatch is a highly concentrated mixture of additives and pigments encapsulated in a carrier material. It improves the process stability and consistency of products. Masterbatch manufacturers are responsible for developing the standards for their products to meet specific specifications. In this article, we will discuss some of the benefits of masterbatch. These include dust-free production, high consistency, and improved process stability. Read on to learn more about masterbatch and why it is a useful ingredient in polymer processing.
Injection molding, blow molding, wire drawing, casting, extrusion molding, film blowing, foaming, sheet, pipe, granulation, hollow, EVA, bottle blowing, sheet, household appliances, toys, packaging materials, wires and cables, plastics Bags, automobiles, building materials, sports and leisure products, packaging bags, packaging bottles and other plastic products industries. Suitable for plastic raw materials PE, PO, PP, ABS, PVC, etc.
1.Pigments or Dyes
Pigments are divided into organic pigments and inorganic pigments
Commonly used organic pigments are: phthalocyanine red, phthalocyanine blue, phthalocyanine green, light fast red, macromolecular red, macromolecular yellow, permanent yellow, permanent violet, azo red, etc. Commonly used inorganic pigments are: cadmium red , cadmium yellow, titanium dioxide, carbon black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, etc.
The special color masterbatch generally chooses the same resin as the product resin as the carrier, and the compatibility between the two is the best, but at the same time, the fluidity of the carrier should also be considered.
To promote the uniform dispersion of the pigment and no longer agglomerate, the melting point of the dispersant should be lower than that of the resin, and it has good compatibility with the resin and good affinity with the pigment. The most commonly used dispersants are: polyethylene low molecular weight wax, stearate.
Such as flame retardant, brightening, antibacterial, antistatic, antioxidant and other varieties, unless the customer requests, under normal circumstances, the color masterbatch does not contain the above additives.
1. Make the pigment have better dispersibility in the product. The pigment must be refined during the production process of the masterbatch to improve the dispersibility and tinting strength of the pigment.
2. It is beneficial to maintain the chemical stability of the pigment. If the pigment is directly used, the pigment will absorb water and oxidize due to the direct contact with the air during storage and use. Moisture isolation can keep the quality of the pigment unchanged for a long time.
3. To ensure that the color of the product is stable, the color masterbatch is similar to the resin particle, which is more convenient and accurate in measurement. It will not adhere to the container during mixing, and the mixing with the resin is also more uniform, so it can ensure the stability of the addition amount, thereby ensuring Product color stability.
4. Protect the health of operators Pigments are generally in powder form, which are easy to fly when added and mixed, and will affect the health of operators after being inhaled by the human body.
5. Keep the environment clean.
6. Easy to use